HK Shares & Warrants

HK Shares & Warrants

How can I make a request to withdraw my physical scrip?

Requests can be made via the following channels:

Online request (just want to have a consistent format as the Chinese version)
To notify us of your request, login to www.ebshkdirect.com and go to the HK Shares trading page. Complete and submit the online Physical Stocks Withdrawal form. We will then send you a confirmation of the physical-stock withdrawal by email.

Written request
If you cannot submit the form via Internet, you can submit a completed Physical Stocks Withdrawal form and fax it to us at +852 3920 2082 with the following information and an authorised signature:

  • Account holder's name
  • Account number
  • Stock code
  • Stock name
  • Number of shares
  • Share Denomination

Instructions sent before 12:00 pm for physical-stock withdrawal will be processed on the same day. Otherwise your instructions will be processed on the next working day.

Last Update: 2021-12-28

How do I collect my physical scrip?

Normally it takes two business days for the physical shares to be ready.  A customer service representative will contact you by phone or email when the physical shares are ready for collection.  You will then need to collect the physical scrip from our Customer Settlement Counter.

Last Update: 2016-07-08

When can I place an instruction to withdraw my purchased physical scrip?

You can withdraw your physical scrip on or after the next trading day of the settlement day (T+2).

Last Update: 2016-07-08

What should I do after collecting the Physical Scrip and are there any fees or charges involved?

After collecting the purchased Physical Scrip, you will need to submit the Physical Scrip along with the ‘Form of Transfer’ to the designated registrar for the Share Transfer Registration process. As a reference, you are required to pay a scrip fee of HK$2.5 for each share certificate either to be issued or submitted for cancellation (whichever is higher); and the transfer will usually take 10 business days (Please refer to the relevant registrar for further details).

(In respect to those withdrawn physical stocks that we have kept for your custody, you will need to go to the Inland Revenue Department to obtain the “No Ad Valorem Duty Payable” stamp on the “Form of Transfer” before you arrange with the Share Registrar for the share re-registration.)

Last Update: 2016-07-08

How do I find the Registrar of my physical scrip?

Listed companies have appointed their own registrars, which may not be the same.  The registrar’s name and address is shown at the bottom of the physical scrip.  For the sake of prudence, prior to making arrangements for Share Transfer Registration, we recommend that you first check the updated details of the listed company’s registrar through the Hong Kong Exchange – Investment Service Centre

Last Update: 2016-07-08

What will be the charges if I do not process the Share Registration and Transfer?

There will be a charge of 1% or a minimum of HK$500 on gross-claim amounts of Dividend Claim/Bonus Shares if you subsequently initiate a dividend/bonus shares claim via us, as the shares were not re-registered in your own name after the physical-shares withdrawal

(charges and fees are subject to change without prior notice).

Last Update: 2016-07-08

HK Shares IPO

How do I withdraw the allotted shares from my account?

You can go to our trading platform to complete and submit the online Stock Withdrawal Form. Please click here for details.

Last Update: 2016-07-08

When can I withdraw/sell the allotted shares from my account?

You can withdraw/sell the allotted shares through your trading account from the listing date, as long as you have the shares in your account.

Last Update: 2016-07-08

Back To Top